FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight refund options [Consolidated thread]
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:25 pm
Pittie Pup

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by elc2414
This is what I've been curious about. We have a trip to LHR on May 3rd on AA, and so far it has only been rescheduled (with an 8.5 hour connection!). I read on AA's website that there will only be one flight daily to LHR through May 6th, and it's not the flight we are scheduled on. Just waiting for THEM to cancel our flight now.....
Assuming the new extended connection of 8.5 hours creates a new departure and/or arrival time of that connecting flight that is more than 3 hours difference from the original itinerary, wouldn't you be entitled to a full refund? One could claim this creates a "trip in vain". I recently did so with a trip that contained two separate one way tickets and each ticket was moved from the original schedule by more than the 3 hours. I had no problems with a full refund for each ticket to my original form of payment. I never acknowledged or accepted the emails in the weeks leading up to the trip regarding the schedule change. I am writing this suggestion assuming you have not done so either. I learned from other FT forums not to accept or acknowledge these changes in the event I felt I would want or need to cancel. The airline even called me a few days out to confirm I was aware of the schedule changes. I responded that I appreciated the call and would review my emails from them and take notice of any changes and determine how it would effect my plans. The CS rep had no problem with that.