FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Marriott have a policy regarding walking guests?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:24 am
Jon Maiman

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
RobOnLI,

I think we are in a period of time where we need to focus on the good of society and the world as a whole. With that in mind, unless a business is explicitly doing something to take advantage of me I will grant them very wide latitude and not ask for any comp. The hospitality industry will be reeling from The Coronavirus pandemic. While the properties they offered to re-accommodate you at are cheaper, I would let it slide. If the worst thing you experience from the outbreak is you overpaid for a few hotel nights compared to normal rates, consider yourself very fortunate. My two cents....

--Jon

P.S. My daughter participates in a number of professional cultural activities each Spring through her chorus. We had $750 worth of tickets for performances that have been cancelled. While we have requested refunds from the organizations (per their terms), if it turns out they are unable to do so, I am not planning on pursuing it further. E.g. I won't dispute the charges on my credit card.