FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Elite plus vouchers & COVID-19 flight changes
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:53 pm
gr8pirate

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Update on my cancellation/refund:

I had a flight cancellation on the return portion (US-IST-EU) of my ticket and called to cancel. Refund of miles used for the upgrade went fine and was instantaneous, the refund for the actual ticket was strangely low, roughly half of what I expected, but the agent insisted it was correct. I went through with it.

This annoyed me for a few days, so I filled out a feedback form, asking if the agent maybe mistakenly applied a cancellation fee.

Response came a few days later, they have issued a refund, to be used or redeemed for cash at a sales office.

Dear gr8pirate,

First of all, we would like to emphasize that are sorry for the poor impression that you have experienced regarding the services offered by our call center.

The particular conversation on March has been carefully evaluated and we detected that our agent did not provide you the necessary services according to our service quality standards.

We would like to apologize for this inconvenience. Related department has been informed regarding this transaction.

We have checked our system and seen that you have refunded with X EUR instead of 2X EUR. Therefore, we have issued a refund cheque as price difference; please find below the relevant details: