FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schedule Change(Back to 2hrs) / Cancelation Refund [Archive]
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:58 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mitch82
Thanks. They told me I had to do it by phone. I did not receive any receipt for the cancellation. I will have to use the previous booking reference.
You can find the cancelled trips in My trips -> View all trips -> Canceled. It will give you the option there to re-use the flight credit, but (a) that tool doesn't always work well and (b) there have been reports that it's (incorrectly) charging the change fee if you do it online.

Originally Posted by wco81
My outbound flight now just falls within the Schengen 30-day ban on incoming flights. Well, SFO-LHR-GVA-LIS.

I guess I should contact UA because they're not automatically going to cancel the flights. Will they say well SFO-LHR isn't officially canceled, even if I can't fly onward?
There is no ban on incoming flights. The ban is on inbound non-EU nationals without special authorization. I suspect that UA and/or LX will cancel those flights. I would give it at least a week for the schedule changes to propagate through the system.