FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Mexico 2020 Coronavirus / COVID-19 travel alerts, information, discussion
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:05 pm
sikorloa

Programs: AA, SPG, UR, MR
Originally Posted by wh6cto
I think the school reopening April 20 is extremely optimistic. The CDC recommend (yesterday) an 8-week period of closures in the US. Unless their healthcare is better than ours, it won't be back to normal any sooner in Mexico.

IMHO, your risk of getting the virus increases the longer you wait to travel. And it may become mandatory to isolate yourself for two weeks (away from family) once you get back to the US. Sooner is better.

Even if you get back right away, it might be prudent to hole up somewhere alone for a few days, and see if there's any reports of flare-ups in the area you were or traveled thru. Considering your dad is older, it would be really bad if you have it and pass it to him.

Good luck!
Thanks for your reply - do you think waiting till Wednesday would be a bad idea? I can try to fly out tomorrow.

I would be staying with my dad so not sure how I would hole up for a few days, but maybe I can stay in a different room? Wouldn't have a place to hole up, every option would include staying at a relatives place, but thinking about how to do that - good point.