FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MEX-MAD flight dilemma
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:47 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BigVince76
The other option is to try to do battle with Iberia - we could try to call them, or visit them at Mexico City airport as we fly in to there this afternoon. Is there any chance they'd put us on the BA flight given that as far as they are concerned our final destination is Madrid?
It's probably best handled in the Iberia forum, since it's that airline's rules here. But since I'm the Mod of that forum I better reply here anyway! Iberia has an identical voucher system to BA. So one option is to go through that voucher system, rebook yourself and ask Amex to cover any shortfall. Since Amex opens tomorrow they would be best to look at this since you have over a day in hand here to take further action. Obviously keep an eye on BA's flights between MAD and LHR .

Having said that, I personally see no harm in a brief transfer in MAD, the risk transferring there is surely minute, so long as sensible precautions such as handwashing are observed.