FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to get home to Canada, can't get through to Aeroplan, advice??
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:19 am
Fiordland

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by whensomever
A ticket from Paris to Toronto is currently $4000 one-way. So trying to avoid paying that full amount, can't really afford it...

Thanks for replying. Yes, the other threads seem to be about people trying to cancel imminent flights, or people whose flight got cancelled. I'm trying to change a booking, not cancel.
If it was me I would go to CDG and try to rebook at the counter (but not try to buy a new ticket). The Air Canada website is saying the change fee is being waved if the change is made at least two hours before departure. They may want to reprice the ticket or not depending on the fine print in the ticket. Try to be nice and maybe they won't look to close to determine if they need to reprice or not. Not even certain how you reprice an Aeroplan ticket.

I was stranded in Copenhagen on September 11th. The travel agent and AC call center were all saying the return flights were fully booked for weeks. Went to the airport on the 15 and came back standby. Chatted with the SAS agent handling the AC desk, he basically said despite being over booked the daily AC flight was going out with few empty seats every day. All the normal over booking projections built in to the reservation system are not designed for these types of events.