FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus: Extension of Annual Free Night from IHG Rewards Club Visa / Mastercard
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:50 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jhurwitz
I have an uncapped Chase certificate expiring this month. I had to cancel the trip I'd been saving the certificate for, and don't have any more trips in the near future (both thanks to COVID-19).

I've spoken to reps at IHG and Chase (including a manager at Chase), and they're all staying firm in their stance that this is a "use it or lose it" benefit, and there is no way to extend the expiration date or to offer any other one-time courtesies.
Darn. I had to cancel my night too due to covid-19. Looks like we lose it.

Meanwhile Hilton just announced they will extend the timeframe allowed for their cc free nights. I truly hope IHG follows!

"For all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, we are extending the expiration date through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021). There is no need for you to do anything, as your certificate(s) are being automatically updated in our systems."

Last edited by TravelinSperry; Mar 14, 2020 at 12:36 pm