FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott - Greed, greed, greed [no-show fee imposed after cancellation]
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:59 am
Aberlet

Now I'm just LMAO!! It’s obvious which replies are formulated by Marriott staffers in disguise or those paid by Marriott trolling flyertalk forums to reply to such posts to diffuse a single issue from snowballing into something greater by focusing on the fine print and mocking the original poster rather than addressing the bigger picture. Unless policies are changed to more align with industry standards like Hilton (who allows cancellation up to 6pm the day of first night’s stay and has only a one night penalty for a no show) and Hyatt just to mention two, the outcome is the same, I will take my 100+ personal night stays each year and my 4 corporate meetings each year to another hotel brand. In addition, I will take to media outlets to warn other potential guests of Marriott’s policies.

Why does a hotel have a 30-day cancellation policy in peak season where rooms are booked out months in advance? Cancellations are a benefit to Hotels that are sold out who can now charge more for a last-minute guest. Where is your integrity and morality Marriott? I stick by my original statement, greed!

Signing off from flyertalk as this forum is only about damage control for industry and it’s representatives.