FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denmark closes its borders
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2020, 5:32 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by SK2751
I have a feeling (no knowledge or competence) that this closing the borders at this point is mostly a symbolic move. Most people who do not need to travel, are already not traveling for a week or so. What would help is closing the streets. I am afraid the government is preparing us for this in small steps. Closing the borders is a signal, "listen folks, this is serious", so that we do not rage when more happens.

PS. Welcome to the forum of folks that used to fly
To me it looks more like a signal to trump. Polen, Norway, Czech and a couple of other Schengen countries have done the same, and some of them have far less infected people than DK. Closing the streets with <1000 infected people in the country is IMHO WAY over kill, but then again I see the closing of the border as over reaction too.

The advice not to travel starts to make sense now that they have changed the reason to risk of other countries closing down like DK. When I heard the advice first time, the reason were to reduce the risk of someone bringing the virus into DK, which is hilarious since DK has been close to the top 10 of most infected people for a while and is close to top 5 if you look at cases per 1M citizens.