FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Signature Suite @ YVR opens 14Mar2020
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:17 am
arshi007

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by 24left
@arshi007

The answer is no.

Here is the rules from the Air Canada page for the Signature Suite (bolding mine):

*Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html
Thanks for the info. I was almost certain that the lounge would not be accessible for international arrivals but just wanted to check. My outward flight goes thru YYZ (and i have 5 hour layover there) so i'll get to check out the SS at YYZ). It seems like in some sense this is even more restrictive than United Polaris and AA Flagship as they allow you to access the lounge if you have a connection from an international arrival. I wish they would reconsider that some time in the future.