FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM not waving change fees for USA (MEX) Argentina despite quarantines
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:39 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I booked my trip with an OTA, and I've been hold for well over 6 cumulative hours and counting. I've also tried calling AM but have been disconnected multiple times. I'm now worried that the entire value of my ticket will be lost because I'll be considered a no-show.

My flight is supposed to depart tomorrow afternoon, and at this point, I don't know how to get this situation resolved...
Here is the deal (as of 13 March before 9am PDT). My ticket was issued by a real travel agency. As of earlier this morning, AM is not issuing waiver codes for the travel agencies and says that all "coronavirus" changes must be made through AM. Fine. AM is really running a racket here because they will change it on the phone with you, but do an add/collect if the fare went up (mine was $20, no big deal), and also another $15 for a phone center service fee, which is a royal crock, as there's absolutely no other way that they will permit a change.

It took about 10 tries of pushing 1 and then whatever it asked (and then having to call again), and then a hold time of about 45 minutes, but I finally got an agent to change my booking to June. I didn't have patience anymore to deal with the extra $15 - that might be another day. If you are on real hold, you'll have a lot of promotions and baggage warnings, etc., in Spanish. If the phone is silent for more than a minute or two, you're not on real hold.

Suerte!