FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelers to Argentina to face mandatory 14 day quarantine
Old Mar 12, 2020, 5:30 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Not sure about this new restriction:

What a nuisance! It used to be so easy to cross the Italy-Argentina border!
Maybe you can hire a coyote to get you across...

Originally Posted by FAA1996
I'm curious to see if anyone has any more information on how this will affect leisure travelers? I have tickets MIA to EZE for this Monday the 16th coming back on Thuesday the 19th. I'm pretty sure I'm not going but wondering what my options are for cancelling or getting refunded through my insurance company for hotel and airfare.
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I'm flying from the US via MEX to EZE, and I'm supposed to leave this upcoming weekend. At this point, according to Reuters, no visas will be issued for for people coming from the US and other countries (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN20Z23G).

What recourse do we have if a government literally and legally won't permit entry? I know most travel insurance doesn't cover a disinclination to travel due to epidemic or pandemic; however, in this case, I physically am being barred from entry. Thoughts?
Id contact the airline and advocate for a cancellation with full refund, because you don’t seem to have any recourse in this instance if the DUN order goes through today or tomorrow. The problem is an airline might look at the act as something beyond their control, force majeure. Same with insurance. How do they deal with for e majeure issues?Good luck.