FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: re-qualification, A3 extends status and earning period by 6 months
Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:05 am
Knobbgb

Programs: A3 *G
My renewal date is in 10 days, but luckily I took an extra flight at the end of February which means I've qualified already. If not, my (cancelled) flight to Venice next week would have been my requalification flight so I would have been forced to buy miles. I personally don't think a 25% discount is a very good offer, although it's something, I guess. Instead I would have like to see them grant the Status miles for flights which they've cancelled at short notice like this - at least for people with renewal dates in the next 3 to 4 weeks when they've actually cancelled the flight (thus forcing me not to fly even though I still would have wanted to do so). Just giving the status miles, not the award, would have cost them virtually nothing really so they have to be careful that this 25% offer doesn't get seen as an attempt to profiteer from the situation. That's how it feels to me.