FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam cancels VOA for 8 European Countries
Old Mar 11, 2020, 1:07 pm
olliesdad

Programs: BA Executive Club, EK Gold, AB TopBonus Gold, EY Gold
Originally Posted by maverick17
Hi olliesdad,

Sounds like a very bad experience. Given the virus situation, normal visa workarounds seem unlikely (i.e. I've seen people purchase one on the spot). If you can clarify what passport your inlaws hold, that might help if anyone has an entry suggestion. Normal denied entry does require the passengers sent back to origin. No one would look after them by rule that I'm aware of, at least not from the gov't side, but some might be helpful given their age. I would recommend asking some of the SQ experts in that forum what the airline can be asked to do.

The unknown is if their is any changes to normal due to virus. In that case might be completely off script. Plus changes are happening quickly and probably without coordination at times. Please let us know what happens and good luck.

Thanks maverick17. They hold UK passports. It sounds like an overzealous border officer, but after intervention from a travel agent rep and a 12 hour wait they were allowed into the country.