FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Diamond Status linkage to Aspire Card
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:48 am
kayexalate

Originally Posted by yaromac
Before you go to this work for status, I suggest you read the recent threads on what Diamond actually means in Australia now? There's been a new "coordination of benefits" and it doesn't seem positive. For us, it meant almost no upgrades (in NZ) in any of five properties across a stay of almost a month (and for two rooms per hotel), and strict application of the policy of two continental breakfasts only (per Diamond member, not per room), upcharge to hot food ($10) and to barista coffee ($5) and if there's more than two of you, charges of up to $38 for a breakfast, per guest. Prepare to argue even if one of your guests is a child, they will charge full. In other words, Gold and Diamond aren't being distinguished as far as I can tell, and status doesn't mean much... So check into other chains?

Had a flawless stay at Park Hyatt Sydney (although spendy in points and cash...)

Enjoyed Pullman in other Australian cities too.
Can individual hotels decide not to honor the different tier benefits? I'm assuming if you have Diamond, you can access the lounge because that is a benefit for that tier. Upgrades are up to the discretion of the hotel, but if one is available (and I understand they can always tell you there is no better room available) as a Diamond you should be eligible for that.