FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Welcome drink policy
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:53 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Kremmen
That seems unusual to me. I've experienced improvements to consistency in Asia in this regard. By this, I mean that there is still no consistency between different properties, but most properties I've been to have established something specific. What I'm mostly seeing these days is a separate list for silver, gold and platinum members, but that really sucks if you're silver. What if you don't like any of the drinks available? Sometimes they'll let you get something different/better. At one property, I wanted plain juice and it wasn't on the list at any level! (A phone call to reception and they gave permission for me to have a glass of juice.) At one Mercure, the front desk agent just wrote 'gold' on the cards, even though I'm silver at present, and that enabled me to get a cocktail at 2am!
That just seems crazy. To actually have a different selection of drinks available for each membership tier of the program, seems like they're putting way too much effort and complexity into the wrong areas. I'd rather they just focus on getting the important things right, because Accor is an abject failure in many, many big areas. Defining and implementing multiple drink lists? Wow! Sounds kind of like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.