FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-HI}
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:32 pm
soonerfanatic

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kevinyhli
Just a data point - had a 2 night stay at the GW (1 night booked on points under my account as a HH Gold, 1 night booked on certificate on my partner's account as a HH Diamond). Both nights booked a terrace rooms only and we weren't expecting upgrades based on what we have read here.

Arrived at the hotel at 3pm and the check-in desk tried to up-sell us to the Napua Tower for US$200 per night extra being a Gold/Diamond (as opposed to the normal $250). We declined as we are not convinced it was worth the value - she then told us the room is not ready and gave us the keys to the Hospitality Suite to freshen up and said they would call when room is ready. We returned back to the front desk around 20 minutes later to a different agent to return the keys, and to our surprise she said our room has been ready (despite no calls), and we were actually assigned a room at the Napua Tower on the top floor. I had a feeling that they were going to put us at the Napua Tower regardless anyway due to how full the hotel was, but I find the attempt to up-sell a bit cheeky. Regardless no complaints with the generous upgrade and we have enjoyed the offerings at the Napua Tower. It was a short stay but a great one - and hopefully we will get to return another time!
When was your stay?