FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Travel REFUND questions and experiences [Consolidated]
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:55 am
shmom

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Originally Posted by JeffD
I have what appears to be a similar ticket bought with UR points for a flight scheduled for Thursday to depart from BHM on DL (KL code share) for ATL, then connecting to KL to AMS and on to DUB. Return is booked on DL from LHR/ATL and then back to BHM, but under KL codeshare. I am on hold with Chase/Expedia for the 3rd time today, now for almost 90 minutes. It looks like I can cancel the itinerary online via the DL website but this is a nonrefundable fare so I guess I will end up with a DL credit (the ticket was issued under 006 so DL) some way of the other. Did you book a refundable fare or was there something which caused DL to agree to refund the entire fare. I would hangup and try again tomorrow but I do have a cancel anytime travel insurance policy which required me to cancel 2 days before travel. I supposed I can do it tomorrow before departure time but I'd really like to get it done tonight. I hate to hang up after waiting 90 minutes. I also sent a tweet/DM to Chase but no response from them either. No idea what Delta hold times are now.

I understand its a difficult situation but this is incredibly frustrating.
my flight was nonrefundable sdf-atl-ams return through Detroit. Leaving end of March coming back early April. I called Delta directly because I had called them in February before all this to change to go through ATL vs. DTW because I wanted to be in a 2-4-2 seating. Delta was able to make that change in February I think because they had changed the planes on my original flight. Anyway, all on Delta.
I fully expected and was asking for voucher for the flight. But she said "oh, when I put it through it processed as a refund". My husband's ticket which was paid for in cash directly through Delta could only be processed as a voucher. So I don't know if you buy through third party that you do get a refund vs. a voucher. Appeared that way to me. Another tidbit. When I switched flights I had to pay $84 per person for main cabin seats. Generally those are not refundable but she was able to get that included - so I did get the 85x3 already refunded on my credit card. I used skymiles to pay for my husband's seat (about 8,000) and they spent about 20 minutes and ended up manually refunding those skymiles.
I had also upgraded on one leg to C+ for not much money so I didn't even try and get that back.