FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Travel REFUND questions and experiences [Consolidated]
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:51 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shmom
It is hard because for one Chase is not answering their phones. If you do get a human after hours and hours of listening to terrible piped music and maybe an hour of dead silence, the person on the other end may not speak English very well or have any idea what they are doing. It is mind numbing the hours it takes to have a phone call with Chase during these last few weeks. I was told by Chase that my ticket I purchased all with points would be refunded entirely on my credit card - which makes zero sense since I didn't use my credit card for any of the transaction.
It is the unusual time. Not much you can do. Same applies to the airlines and the cruise lines.

When you got the front line rep telling you something not making sense, ask to be transferred to a US-based supervisor but be prepared for long wait or phone got disconnected during the long wait on transfer. Again, it is the unusual time. The added layer of UR is always hard even at the best of time, and with current situation, it is getting much harder. I dont know what you can expect.

Unless you need the points desperately for something else immediately, you may be better off to wait a while to sort out things. Eventually it will sort out, just not to your liking of the timely manner but that is the price you pay by using UR to save money instead of booking directly with the providers on something that normally is non-refundable.