FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Travel REFUND questions and experiences [Consolidated]
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:44 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shmom
I had a Delta flight to AMS for three persons purchased on the portal and paid for entirely with points. I called Delta and got the tickets cancelled. Delta agreed to no change fee. She also told me that usually there is a $60 per ticket administrative fee to refund back to Chase. She agreed to waive that amount. Anyway, next thing that happened she realized she was able to cancel the tickets in full for a full refund. I received three emails in the next minute from Delta informing me the tickets were refunded. The receipt said 759 was refunded to CA xxxxx and then the 84 seat selection fee was refunded to my Amex.
The next day I called Chase as I was (and still am) somewhat nervous about my money floating around the world of Chase.
After finally getting someone on the line (who did not speak English very well) she said she needed to call Delta to confirm they refunded the money. So the two of us waited another hour on the line while she got a Delta person on the phone. Finally she came back and said she got confirmation that Delta refunded the money to me. The next part makes zero sense, she said "you will get the $2,200 refunded on your credit card" - but I had paid for the tickets with points. I don't think she knows what she is talking about. But now it has been 3 days and nothing. I did get the amex credit for the seat selection which is not supposed to be reimbursed in the first place.
Also my husband's ticket was purchased with delta amex and that one was given a voucher which has to be used within one year of issuance.
Finally, I had a KLM to cancel, I could only get that to work via cancelling on twitter. Seriously. On my app I have some ticket numbers which are apparently the vouchers. I called Delta and I can use those vouchers on their website.
I am going to call Chase back by Wed if I haven't seen points or money.
This has been terribly stressful and time consuming.
Chase UR will convert the $ value to the equivalent points (that you used) back to your account but that will take some time, often weeks even in the normal time per people's experiences in the past. You would need to follow up, and try to talk to a US based supervisor instead.

Actually based on your description of the DL and KLM experiences, you fare a lot better than many others I heard about.

Personally I have LX tickets that LX refused to handle directly with me because it was booked thru "travel agency". Chase US-based supervisor did call LX but was told the travel waiver was only up to Mar 31 (that was last week), when our travel date is May 6th, so nothing could be done right now. On LX it now said there is one time change for travel up to Apr 30, but the Origin and Destination must stay the same. Of course that would not work. I will wait till the travel waiver extend to cover our dates then call UR again to hope for better luck.

LH group (LH, LX and OS) has the WORST travel waivers related to coronavirus.