FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:00 pm
Cynapse

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752
Anyone from the US thinking of canceling their bora bora trip due to corona? We’re supposed to go in May, and my husband and I both still really wanna go... but I have a little bit of hesitation..

just wanted to see what other people’s thoughts are with regards to the virus
I'm going in May too. There are definitely concerns. It is our 15 year wedding anniversary though, and we've been dreaming of this trip for almost 20 years together. We aren't bringing the kids, and have to fly in parents from out of state to watch them while we are gone for 10+ days. It is a huge ordeal, but at this point there is no consideration to cancel. We are, however, purchasing a travel insurance policy in case we or our kids get sick and we can't make the trip. Just praying that that doesn't happen and that our parents (kid sitters!) don't come down with anything either!

I am trying to consider asking for cheaper rates on room upgrades though. I know May is a shoulder season and the start of things getting busy, but I think there's a non-zero chance people are going to cancel their already planned trips, or not take trips they had planned on taking but hadn't booked. Seems like a good opportunity to utilize supply and demand to our advantage for those of us still willing to make a trip like this.