FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS & EuroBonus Introduction / Frequently Asked Questions
Old Mar 7, 2020, 11:55 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by Matin
Hi, I’m new to EB programme and wanted to make sure of some basics, my qualification period starts in May 2020 and I was wondering if I qualify for any status level during this period would I keep that level until end of April 2022 ? Basically for the qualification period and the subsequent qualification year.
+ 3 months grace period, so end July 2020. If you qualification period is May 1 to April 30 and you reach gold on May 2 2020, you will have gold until July 31 2022 (current qualification year + next qualification year + 3 months)

Originally Posted by Matin
Another question is regarding the booking channel, would booking a trip via 3rd party channels instead of SAS still count towards EB program segments flown for qualifying as long as Membership number is registered to the ticket?
How you book the trip doesn't matter. You will earn EB basic points (qualifying points) on all flights operated by any airline which is part of Star Alliance as long as you remember to get your EB number added to the flight latest 6 months after the flight took place. For flights flown before you became a EB member you can retro claim 3 months back as far as I remember.
Segments only count for SAS operated flights. Again how you book the flight doesn't matter. It's the operator of the flight which counts and this goes for both points and segments.
But please note. The flight has to be operated by SAS or a Star Alliance partner to count. Code shares doesn't count if the flight is operated by an airline which is not part of Star Alliance.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Mar 7, 2020 at 12:00 pm