FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow - Eva!
Thread: Wow - Eva!
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2020, 8:02 am
Magic01273

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Wow - Eva!

Took my first ever Eva flight, flying in RL from LHR-BKK and back, and all I can say is "wow!". What a brilliant Airline. I'm a mostly BA flyer who travels to the US normally (although I have flown a number of different airlines in business class, including AA, Virgin, Emirates and Singapore Airlines). But BA really pale in comparison to Eva in almost every dimension from what I experienced.

The service was great, the food was great (I pre-ordered), the amenity pack, the sleep-wear, the seat/hard product... I was seriously impressed.

I can only conjure up a couple of gripes really;

1. the cabin temperature . It was kept really warm in the cabin and despite asking if there was anything they could do, nothing really changed.#
2. the seat belt sign, which on the return from BKK to London was kept on for the first 4.5 hours of the flight - and pretty much the entire last 3.5 hours of the flight with the light only being switched off for around 3.5 hours in the middle of the flight, despite there being absolutely no turbulence (as in none at all - the flight was smooth as butter). It really appeared as though the seat-belt sign was kept on just to try and keep passengers out of the way during the first and last meal services, which I honestly think was a bit extreme - and rather uncomfortable for a number of passengers who needed to use the lavatory, many of whom eventually just got up to go to the toilet anyway, with no comment from the crew. Very strange. The outbound was also a similar story, with people kept in their seats for long periods at the start and end of the flight for no apparent reason, although the signs were switched off for what seemed like a longer period in the middle of the flight I think.
3. my only other - pretty small - observation was the IFE selection, which seemed a bit limited compared to other Airlines, but there was still enough to watch and so that is a fairly minor thing.

In any case, apart from these relatively minor items, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this airline and would not hesitate to use them again. Just wanted to share my experience. thanks!