FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIA website usability and customer service
Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:37 am
zambonisam

Originally Posted by BeCarlson
I had extreme problems when booking flights. I was trying to book a flight from EWR-PER, with a connection in SIN, but the site would continually tell me that the system was unable to price the itenerary. I ended up having to book two separate tickets, one for the EWR-SIN leg, and another for the SIN-PER leg. So frustrating!

And when I called customer service, I had to wait 45 min on the phone and even then she wasn't able to give me the web price, even though their site was clearly broken. Even to this day their site still won't let me book that itinerary as one ticket.
I had tried booking EWR-SHA with a stopover in SIN but encountered the same issues (unable to price itinerary, etc). After a concerted effort, I managed to speak with someone on the phone who told me that it was impossible to book such a flight. I replied that if so, why does it allow me to select those options on the booking page. She said from her experience, such a flight was simply not bookable and re-directed me to the 800 web support number which no one seems to answer.

I eventually booked the EWR-SIN leg online, firstly on my Mac, but it seemed the site wasn't able to complete the reservation, so I had to switch over to a PC in order to book it. The SIN-SHA leg I ended up going with a different carrier.