FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages [** Discontinued Jan 19, 2022 **]
Old Mar 6, 2020, 5:54 pm
salfcl

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Once the category has changed, there is nothing the CSR can do to help. You need to escalate and complain - and I hope you have some sort of proof that the cert was attached once upon a time (you have a good chance Marriott will do something for you if you have that).

My guess: you got a cert attached, then you want it to be extended, so the CSR you talked to detach your cert and extended it but somehow forgot/didn't re-attach it.

I was so freaked out by these ordeals so right after I saw the cert was attached I immediately saved a pdf copy of the reservation. I'm glad that I'm done with using the certs.
The email states that the award (Cat 1 - 4) has been cancelled. I just noticed that it mentioned it is at my request. I hope they record the call because I never did request for the cancellation.

Yes, that's the situation you described. Before he extended it, he assured me that my reservation would not be affected.

This is my first experience, I will be wiser in future when dealing with Marriot.