FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:10 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by johnash
We have MileSaaver awards booked in First for the end of May LAS-LAX-IAH. The connection time is around 3 hours and we arrive in IAH at about 23.30. It was the best choice at the time.

But I now see 2 seats on flights with just 65 minutes connection time at LAX, but arriving in IAH early evening. A lot more convenient, but my partner is of a nervous disposition and would be nervous about the short connection time and whether our checked bags would make it if there were a delay coming in from LAS. We just wondered what seasoned travellers via LAX would do in this situation? Any delay to our bags would negate the advantage of an earlier arrival!

Many thanks.
I don't know if it matters if you're a seasoned traveler through LAX, or not, but to be considerate to one's partners concerns would rule my day. If everything runs on schedule, there would be no problem, but should things be a bit delayed, well things happen.

If you have Oneworld Sapphire status (or above) with IB, then you'd have nice lounge options during your layover to get fed and have some champagne, if you so choose.