FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - can't choose seat on "manage booking" page
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:26 am
MikeLonW7

It appears that Qatar has updated the seat selection elements of their web-site. But there appears to be a few bugs.
I was able to view the seats I had selected but I don't think it was working as designed. In the same itinerary I have encountered three different display scenarios:

* The A350-900 seat maps display with new graphics, but the seat I have selected shows just like any other occupied seat with a grey 'x'. If I look at the top of the display, it states the seat I have selected, but isn't highlighted on the graphical seat map.
* The Q-Suite A350-1000 flights in my itinerary are working fine. The seat selection is stated, and the seat map highlights my chosen seat in green.
* The Finnair seat map on my itinerary no longer displays. It just states 'Flight not operated by Qatar Airways'. Previously you were able to display and select a seat like any other flight. This is a backward step.

It doesn't appear that Qatar have done any robust testing. The lack of displaying your chosen seat on the seat map works for some aircraft, but not others. I haven't noticed any improvements in functionality. The major changes are the graphics, which were perfectly adequate before, and the fact that you can view seat maps without the forward and back navigation of pages as the flights are displayed in collapsing tabs on the same screen.

It is still the case that you cannot view Seat Maps from the Qatar mobile iOS app. They've just removed that basic functionality.