FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award Availability with Avios
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:25 am
HSR1234

AA Award Availability with Avios

A couple of months ago I booked a flight from IAH to BNA via DFW with Avios. I made the booking over the phone as it was not showing as available on the BA web site. Interestingly I had established before the call that there was some availability from HOU by using Award Nexus, but this had not shown IAH availability. The agent however found an IAH flight which I was happy to take. Whether this was the best use of my Avios I haven't really decided but as the flight only cost £4.80 I was very happy!

A few days later our plans changed and I decided a flight the following day was a better option. Since then I have looked every day on both Award Nexus and BA.com for availability from either IAH or HOU and nothing has shown, until today when both BA.com and Award nexus showed availability from HOU. I rang BA, a really helpful agent then found there was also availability on a better flight from IAH. I said that his was odd because it was not showing on BA.com (I didn't mention award Nexus) and he freely admitted that BA.com is useless at finding AA award availability.

I don't have a question, just thought I would share this with anyone who is interested, as it seems as though there is often availability which the Agents can find but which there is no way of finding yourself without a speculative call!