FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Things Philippines and COVID-19/Corona Virus
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:20 pm
teddybear99

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by Carol202
Here is what I know so far. My friends were supposed to travel to Cebu via Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific. I saw on Philippines CNN that flights were no longer being allowed from Hong Kong. I contacted my friends, and they were able to confirm this and get full refunds. They are now routed to Manila through Singapore.

My husband and I are flying Delta through Narita to Manila, which is fine. However, several months ago Delta rerouted our return home in April to their new service via Incheon. We have been carefully monitoring the news. 2 days ago when Delta issued a caution that some flights through Incheon may be affected, I called them twice and Delta could not find an alternate path out even if I purchased my own inexpensive tickets to Singapore. Then last night my husband found a new Delta news release at this site: https://news.delta.com/delta-reduces...id-19-outbreak. In the middle of this announcement, it says, "The airline’s new service from Incheon to Manila, previously scheduled to begin March 29, will now start on May 1. Full schedule details will be available on delta.com beginning Feb. 29."

I called late last night to beat the rush, and Delta rebooked us on a PAL flight from Manila to Haneda in Tokyo. In Haneda, we will continue our trip home on a Delta flight. They gave me the usual warning that this is the way things are now - but they don't know what the future will bring.

I hope this info will help someone else.
Originally Posted by benjahman
To be transparent, my wife and daughter will still attend the wedding, traveling directly from JFK-MNL on PAL. If bans are implemented and they are forced to stay in PH, she has family and we have a property where she can stay. If a quarantine is implemented upon arrival in the US, we'll have to deal with that, but at least (I suspect and hope), they will be together for that. This is somewhat unchartered territory and I'm very curious to see how this all plays out.
If you can still make changes to your flights if Delta still has a flight waiver in place, this is the route I would take as it is direct into MNL, you would just need to find your way to JFK. Now NYC has a few cases already, but if the airport is being disinfected, and you don't leave it during the transition, I would believe you are safe.