FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WOW! Disappointing biz class on 739
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:49 am
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Yup that’s why I always try to avoid any 737 on KE. They’re very rare honestly but also older. In good times, you always get a 777 or A330 at a minimum.

ive done the 2a departure to Seoul. Plane was like 60% full. Koreans LOVE that late night departure maximize a weekend stuff. There are several other flights back to ICN at the same time (Peach and Jeju Air).
Yeah, it's interesting. As a tourist you can't check into a hotel at 4-5am unless you pay for an extra day, which on either the Tokyo or Seoul side is $100+.. For business, I can't even being to imagine how unproductive you'd be with 1 1/2 hours of sleep.

Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
I've been on the 2am HND-ICN several times. It used to leave at 6:25am until a number of years ago.

I don't know what the flight is for either, but it's the only way to connect to other flights at ICN early enough without having to go to NRT or change airports at GMP. Usually I'll end up with a long layover and will just get a reclining chair at the lounge.
I feel your pain. In my until recent Star Alliance days, I've been on that 6am-ish OZ equivalent flight way too many times, on their A321 which is only marginally better than the KE 739. But it was the only way to connect to certain flights, SZX and LAX come to mind, but I'm certain there were others. I've also been on the God awful 2am Juneyao flight to PVG a few times with LOOOOOONG layovers in PVG, a lovely airport (tongue in cheek) that has no international transit facilities in T2 for most airlines, so no lounge until 3 hours before departure.