FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Implication of Flybe shutdown on UA ticket with Flybe segment
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:49 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Wait, OP got a refund already. That's pretty impressive in one way.
I suspect that was a misunderstanding. UA can't even seem to issue refunds for about a week when they're warranted, let alone when they're not.

This isn't normally what happens, is it?
No. I've never heard of it.

Don't they normally just cancel the segment, and contact (or wait for you to contact) to work out arrangements. OP paid for EDI-LAX, shouldn't they get the option to change to a different routing that UA can provide without any fare adjustments (and in this case, all on it's own metal).
Yes.

The contract specifies they need to get them from EDI, but apparently the fare paid is now just from LHR. How does that work?
It wouldn't.

I'd expect UA should book OP on their own metal EDI-EWR-LAX. Initially, I'd suggest it should be at original price paid (no matter what the current fare is), but given there is already a partial refund, it would be a nice gesture if they'd just rebook that, without any additional $ changing hands (ie., total price would be original price paid - whatever they got in refund, which I'd suspect on EDI-LHR isn't much anyway).
I agree. Although, like I said, I think there was a misunderstanding. OP: Can you clarify why you think that it was refunded? Did you get something back on your credit card already? Did you get a message about a refund from UA?