FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion of the Quality of UA's In-Flight Meals
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:16 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jkrun03
I honestly didn't mean to start a debate around whether United is inferior to other airlines offerings. I have enjoyed flying United to my surprise, and they have taken care of me, however, I do believe it's fair to say they could address their food. I'm not one lucky enough to fly paid business frequently, so I need plus points etc., to get up there, and when I do it feels a little incomplete when the food just isn't to par. At the end of the day I will take the lie-flat seat at it's face value and run, but the rest of the experience doesn't even change that much from being a 1k in economy. No superior liquor offerings, only decent food, service about the same as a good economy FA, it leaves me with the impression that United is literally just selling me the seat. Which for some is fine, but I don't think that was their goal when rebranding to the "Polaris" experience. Just my thoughts.
UA clearly had a goal of offering a better business product when Polaris was rolled out. And at first, it was a better product - until Kirby decided it was costing too much, and thanks to his changes, it’s among the worst when it comes to food and drink. That was fine while UA was experiencing strong demand for any business seat, but it will be interesting to see how he deals with the fact that COVID has cratered demand for flying in general, and how he intends to win back people with they take to the skies again.