FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Waiving Change Fees
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:24 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Hah, fair point. But however a) I don't book paid J for work, so last minute PE more like it and b) if loads stay low prices stay low and c) I am just not go as well, internal travel is usually discretionary.

Right now I have one flight booked, to the US for an internal meeting in early April. Even that is suspect right now. If AC wants me taking more risks and booking flights then they need a better policy than this.
Prices do not stay low even if loads stay low. I'm looking at a P fare that is $600 base for 60 day advance purchase. At 59 days, the cheapest base fare is over $2400. USD. Plus YQ, taxes, fees, etc.

That's why this waiver needs to be better. I could buy this now at the $600 base (and to be clear, we're looking at about $2000 USD round-trip, so $1400 in YQ and taxes/fees, this is not a mistake fare), but if I were going to France in 15 days from, would should I do? Not clear.

And it doesn't even seem like "cancel" and rebook later is an option. The waiver applies if you rebook NOW.

Not worth it.