FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Waiving Change Fees
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2020, 5:46 pm
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by expert7700
​​​​
​​​​​​I hope other customers agree and this doesn't create a mass influx of future AC bookings. Then cheaper fares will be around the corner
Wishful thinking at best. Won't happen.

I have friends wanting to come for a conference later this month which coincides with some spring breaks/basketball events.

Airfare has been going down and it's refreshing to see the exibitors have done a total 360 when it comes to registrations. Instead of going up at X days/months out, they are begging for more attendees: cheaper fee, then free, and now with promotions of a free hotel stay.
Eventually they may not have much of a choice and they may cancel.

I plan to attend a few conferences later this year, Australia July, Germany late July, Rome end of August. Tickets already bought for most, P fares on AC. Keeping a close eye on what will happen.

Although I am starting to feel more optimistic. Looking at China, numbers are coming down rapidly and within a month, China may be the safest place to be from the virus standpoint. European countries are roughly one month behind so May might be OK. I suspect the US may get very bad but roughly another month later. Sol apart from the US, I may well end up going for a May trip to Europe. And these conferences. Of course Iran, Egypt and I suspect Africa as a whole might be a different story. But these won't affect AC bookings all that much.