FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "THANKS Concierge!" thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:24 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Lucky you. When I was through YYZ last week during the snow IRROPS I landed in from YOW-YYZ 20 minutes before my YYZ-LHR was scheduled to depart. I thought they would probably have no concierge there given the volume of IRROPS, but when I came off the plane there was one with an iPad, yay! ... with someone elses name on it. Great. Instead I proved you can in fact sprint from D40 to E76 in under 10 minutes and I was the last pax to board at last call. Maybe they figured they had protected me on the next YYZ-LHR 2h later and that was enough (and someone from the concierge office had at least done that, I could see both YYZ-LHR flights on my app when I landed) but I wanted that 2h to be a shower & breakfast at the arrivals lounge in LHR, not sitting around YYZ waiting to depart.
Sadly, consistency has never been AC’s forte. Though I neglected to mention: I actually sent an email to the YYZ Concierge account while en route. Maybe that did the trick.

They also protected me on a later YYZ-FRA flight with a connection on LH that would have gotten me to AMS 4 hours later than my original itinerary. It’s a good thing it didn’t come to that because as it turns out, a drone would cause a shutdown at FRA for several hours.