FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crew needing rest causes delay in flight. NO COMPENSATION
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:05 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TheRUMMAN
I understand that if there is a problem with the plane that the safety of staff and customers are paramount, but has anyone else had a poor excuse for being delayed for over 6 hours and refused compensation ?
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum TheRUMMAN. I suspect you have a good case if you wanted to take it to CEDR I think you may well be successful, and you will find the main thread above. To my mind this has the hallmarks of being an "extraordinary circumstance" (sounds like the fire alarm was set off in the middle of the night) but there is always a rider on this: BA has to take all reasonable measures to avoid delay to you and I suspect you will be able to argue on multiple points that they didn't do this (replacement crew flown in, alternative BA services, alternative airline routing). I wouldn't argue the excuse was poor, it's actually the law and BA has no leeway when it comes to giving crew their statutory rest period.