FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS 340 Today - Ay Trow Shus
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2020, 3:07 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AS 340 Today - Ay Trow Shus

My last few F flights have been pretty pleasant, so I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, things were back on course. Or should I say, courses. Anyway, today's SFO/EWR - all seemed fine, except the email I received shortly prior to boarding, that the internet was non-op. - plane at gate, crew boarded quite early, plane catered prior to boarding, no issues there. Water at seat.

So,
1) No internet
2) No menus
3) No PDB - should have been an offering of coffee at that hour.
4) No tablets offered (more to follow).
5) Everything served at once. Smoothie, yogurt, granola, roll, hot dish. I politely asked him to take the hot course back so it could stay hot while I ate the other things.
6) Although there was pre-meal beverage services, they were not refilled at time of food delivery, and we ate with empty glasses.
7) Entire cabin cleared from breakfast service within 70 minutes of takeoff.
8) Tablets - I inquired about the time the meal came - he said there were cutbacks, and he wasn't sure they were there and if so the cart hadn't yet come up. Well, it turns out he never cared nor checked, because the first I learned that there were tablets onboard were when I heard the pre-arrival announcement that the crew would be collecting them soon.

Even the chocolates were distributed an hour prior to arrival. On the "plus side," I suppose he shouldn't have done the hot towel service. We received hot towels, contrary to the new policy that I read about after landing.

8 really ticked me off to the point of "ok, this one is getting written up more than usual."

Lay-zee. Really a shame as presented properly, it could be a lovely service.