FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus COVID-19 AA paid & award China et al cancel / change / questions
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:52 am
DCAKen

I had canceled my trip to Japan when the Tokyo Marathon was canceled. I wrote to Customer Service on Feb 21 asking if fees and penalties could be waived and they responded with
Thank you for writing us. Based on the information you've provided, I have put an authorization in your record to waive the applicable change fee.

As a reminder, if you haven't already done so, be sure to cancel your reservation before the scheduled travel date by either visiting us online at aa.com, or calling us at 1-800-433-7300. When you're ready to book a trip, refer the Reservations agent to your VCR remarks. They'll know what to do from there. Be sure to have your ticket number available when you call. It's important to note that tickets are valid for one year from the original date of purchase, if completely unused, and rescheduled travel must commence within one year of the date the original ticket was issued. Also, any fare difference, ticket restrictions and applicable ticketing fees will still apply.