FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Purchased Bonvoy Points - Should have known better
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:22 am
Jenn0625

Purchased Bonvoy Points - Should have known better

I've been on the fence about purchasing points with their current promotion that gets you an additional 50% after reading all of this issues people seemed to be having with the last promotion in the fall. But ultimately I gave in and yesterday I purchased 50k that gives me an additional 25k for a total of 75k points for $625. I received the emailed receipt reflecting this. This morning I logged into my account to see that only 50k points have been issued. I clicked the online chat button to speak to an agent and it did not go well. First she said she only saw 50k points and I said no joke that's the issue. Then she asked for me to provide her with the "promotion details" so I typed it all out since I didn't know how else to prove to her this is a legit promotion on marriott's website. Finally she found it and said "Due to the Positive response to this promotion, Points Purchases will be processed up to Seven Business Days after purchase" and that there was nothing else to be done at this time. I could see it taking longer to post all of the points but I am concerned that because I only received the base points and not the additional bonus points that there is a glitch or error somewhere. I am not confident that I am ever going to get the bonus points now and wish I could just take it all back at this point. Does anyone think it will do any good to call? Based on past results some of you have had with Marriott they are not really good and solving issues.