FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choices in Frankfurt
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:53 pm
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Trip report: Jumeirah Frankfurt

I promised a report of my stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt in December, here we go. I booked a Deluxe Suite which was around 540 € per night under a Virtuoso rate.
When I arrived it took a while till a doorman took care of my car. The Juneirah is part of a shopping mall, the Lobby is relative small. I was greeted at reception. When I talked German to the staff she told me she īcanīt understand it. I fact 3 of 3 people at reception I dealed with during my stay didnīt speak German. I donīt know what others think but Iīm not impressed by this. I have no problem to speak English at a hotel but in Germany I simply prefer German.
What now followed was the worst check-in I had to for some years. I was told as I booked via Virtuoso I would get an upgrade to a Skyline Junior Suite. A generous upgrade, as this "suite" was sold for around 40 € less than my booked Deluxe Suite.
I had a look at this suite and wasnīt impressed. While the view is Pretty nice the room was quite small with a small and uninspired bathroom:

I went down to reception were I wqas told again I received a great upgrade, no matter if the room is cheaper. After I didnīt agree the lady took a pencil and sheet to do a painting for me. She wrote "Deluxe Suite" on the sheet and above it "Skyline Junior Suite". Now she painted an arrow from the Deluxe Suite to the Junior Suite to show me I received an upgrade. See, I learned something…. At this point I had enough and asked to check-out and leave. Now they offered me a Deluxe Suite.
The Suite was on the first view pretty good, especially the bathroom. A much better room than the Junior Suite. Unfortunately the furniture was a little worn down.

I also had a free Minibar which was stocked in a wired way. Itīs stocked one time, otherwise you pay 18 €. The bar was one of the most shabby I ever saw, half rotten......

I had dinner at the restaurant, which was pretty good. Breakfast in the morning was good, I didnīt took pictures.
A real pain in the ... are the elevators. Here a video how to use them:
Bottom line: I wasnīt impressed. The location in the middle of the city is good, the hotel nothing special. The rooms are a little tired, the service far from great.