FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:20 am
Pointsloop

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Except you wrote that "according to your research" the taxi drivers aren't background checked and aren't insured. The implication to the casual FT reader is that taxis in Cancun aren't safe. That's wrong and total misinformation. Your also feeding the narrative that Cancun, in general, isn't safe - which is also not true. Bad stuff can happen anywhere, but in general, and by any reasonable standard, the official taxis in Riviera Maya are plentiful, safe, and (relatively) inexpensive.

BTW, presumably when a pissed off taxi driver (attempting to save his/her livelihood) attempts to run an Uber off the road, a) the taxi is empty and they are NOT driving a customer somewhere themselves, and b) the Uber/Rideshare (getting run off the road) IS driving a customer somewhere...
wow for someone that’s says they are not trying to to spread misinformation, that’s a lot of presumptions.

I Can also presume that those Uber drivers are trying to make a living too and also presume they don’t want to get hurt and also presume there are more cars on the road than just taxi drivers and Uber drivers.

Here’s something with no presumptions:

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2017...ers-in-cancun/

where have I ever stated that Cancun isn’t safe? Why would I go there if that was the case?

I’ve never said all taxi drivers are not background searched or not insured.

i was only discussing transportation options.

Can you provide us what kinda background search all Cancun taxi drivers go through and how to verify they have insurance. If you can provide that info, you may finally contribute something useful to this discussion instead of just a lot of presumptions.

Last edited by Pointsloop; Feb 27, 2020 at 9:49 am