FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 26, 2020, 10:04 pm
Pointsloop

Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Apps are not advised in Cancun for lots of reasons.

Some shuttle services are excellent such as USA Transfers.

Taxis are plentiful, safe, and inexpensive by international standards.

Nothing more to say.

I find the frequent misinformation about Mexico (i.e insinuations about lack of safety in tourist areas) to be annoying.
I respect your point of view.

Can you share with us some info on why ride share are not advised besides being pushed off the road by taxi drivers?

do Cancun taxi drivers take credit card payments?

Ive had good experiences with USA and Canada transfers. But they are not the best option if I wanted to go into Cancun costco or etc.

I totally did not intend to spread any misinformation good or bad. That was the info I got after doing the research. Nothing I’ve said so far has been misinformation.

if there’s a better or safer option than what’s commonly available, then I think it would be great for people to have that info to make an informed decision.

As you’ve said, Cancun Taxis may be as safe as any big city, even though you yourself have informed us that they have been known to put Uber drivers in danger, I would want my loved ones to be informed about possible safer options.

Last edited by Pointsloop; Feb 26, 2020 at 10:28 pm