FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus and masks/face coverings [Consolidated thread]
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:50 pm
DFB_london
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Agreed, as a doctor I think its stupid that this has gone on but of course some companies are making $$$. Its absurd going through airports seeing people with pointless masks half off their faces or even snugly fit knowing that they have zero benefits and likely cause even more risks. Go wash your hands and stop being hysterical.

hand washing seems to be key. But perhaps buying a mask is easier and a psychological ‘feel good’ even if of no effect. Oneat LGW travellex was wearing a floor sanding dust mask this week. Perhaps that’s testament to the lack of education from the U.K. government?

My main worry with hand washing is that on BA the loos are in such poor shape after an hour or so that I’m never sure I’m going to pick up more in there than I’ve washed off. Perhaps this is a wake up call for BA/Cruz to finally tackle the loo hygiene issue?

If Cathay are masktastic the key nevertheless might be that, like JAL, they also clean the loos in flight.