FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status / Tier Points
View Single Post
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:50 pm
munch2001

Originally Posted by craigthemif
It depends on how/when you became a Silver member.

At some point you earned 400 TPs to become Silver. The date of that first TP matters. Then you have 12 months to get to 1000 TPs for Gold. Since you earned 100 TPs in August you could be 500 TPs short. (or those initial 400 TPs are gone)

You can definitely earn 300 TPs before the end of March to re-qualify for Silver. Alternatively you could do 300 TPs between April and August to "qualify" for Silver, as if it were the first time. That would seem to make more sense since you'd get 12 months from the point of hitting 400 TPs again.
Great now I understand. I earn't the 400 Tier points in March so will need to be quick to achieve the 500 points for Gold.
Probably going to wait, drop to red and use my 100 tier point balance between now and Aug.
I'm visiting Scotland early August so looking at ABZ - CDG - NCE in business (J, D or C) for 800 points or ABZ - CDG - AMS - TRD for 880 points. I will complete a couple of short flights with work to tip me over the 1000 points.
It will great to use my balance of points and credit card 2 for 1 certificates as a Gold on upper class flights. Plus the lounge access as gold on KLM work flights.