FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:51 pm
Joker0874

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Please don’t judge me....more specifically my wife and daughter....but I have a question.....

This is for anyone who has stayed up on the hill (by the spa). Will the Conrad come get you in a golf cart if you call them in advance? For our return trip I was thinking of staying in one of those rooms that now have pools. But my family said they don’t want to go up and down the hill every morning for breakfast. I rolled my eyes when they told me that, but happy wife happy life. Our last trip here we stayed in an OW so we walked everywhere.

Thanks
TD
Yes you can call for a buggy to give you a ride. I did that when I was there. Though sometimes it can be a wait because they dont staff even people.

Originally Posted by tmob1024
Just got back from staying here a few days ago so I will provide some data points/observations:

*Booked with points (5 nights in garden suite @ 89k/night & 1 night to OVW for 225k points). Got upgraded to beach pool villa (noticed via hilton app) about 5 days before check in (only for the first 5 nights; last night was upgraded to deluxe OVW...I asked to switch my room to an OVW from the start but with all of the rooms in the 100s being renovated, space was limited and no OVW until 6th night.

*Decided to take shuttle into Vaitape (asked Conrad booth if they could take out bags while we go into town but they stated they were not allowed to do that). Overall, I would of paid for the actual shuttle straight into the hotel because of hassle of carrying our luggage around the town in between Chin Lee and Robert Wan Pontoon (in addition to the town not having any sidewalks so making it harder dragging luggage through dirt). I was charged 3000 XPF for shuttle into Conrad from Vaitape. Purchased one way direct from Conrad to airport for 14500 XPF to ease our trave for long day of travel back home.

*Both wife and I preferred the beach pool villa due to location (close to gym and reception), pool & beach. OVW was a cool experience but love having the option of walking 15 feet to the ocean plus pool was awesome. OVW pool bungalow would be better but price on those are high.

*Food overall was great; breakfast included with some days not being charged the 1200 XPF supplement charge for ordering of the menu (not sure if they forgot to charge but i ordered 4 days something of the menu and only 1 day received the bill for the charge). They still haven't fixed the issue with bugs all around the fruits and breads...1 day i did see they put some citronella candles but that wasn't sufficient to keep the bugs away.

*Resort was beautiful, clean and huge. We explored all sides of the resort with walking up to the spa area and seeing the lookout facing Mt. Otemanu.

*Service was top notch...never had any service issues and every single worker that we passed by greeted us. By far the most pleasant part of the stay here.

Hope this helps.

I ordered off the menu a few times too during my stay a few weeks ago. They did not charge me as well except for one occasion.