FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - my very bad, no good, horrible day
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:38 pm
s0ssos

my very bad, no good, horrible day

It started out well, with a great selection and very friendly staff at JFK. And a very loaded aisle. Even though I have never driven the GLE the Camry was a much more suitable pick. The fuel was a little below full (and for those who rent frequently you know that means it has been driven quite a bit), and they marked it at 3/4 (after acknowledging my executive elite status at the gate).
Then I notice the car shakes at around 40-50mph. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But it shook more violently and so I called to ask where I can exchange a car. The nearest National was half an hour away and I wasn't about to drive half an hour like that, so the agent said there was an Enterprise nearby with full-sized vehicles available (and offered their phone number to me, which I declined). So I went there, which was just 7 minutes away, and they said "no, we don't have any sedans. Only what you see. Large vehicles." They ended up giving me a new Ford Ranger, which I then found out after the walk-around (cause it was Enterprise, not National) that there was no fuel (when you turn it on it says 37 miles til empty).
I went back in to tell them (the lady was new, it seems). And her boss said she can go fill it up, but that would take time and I said just mark it as empty.

Now, thinking about it, if I were to get a gas-guzzler I wouldn't prefer a Ford Ranger. An Explorer would be nicer, and GLE would at least be something new to try.

Is this a bad day, or just a fagetabbit and just be thankful I didn't have anything seriously wrong with the car?