FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA11/BA12 LHR-SIN Cancellations 24/25 Feb 2020
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:53 am
Sam Bee

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
1) Yes, in fact overall it's best to book the hotel yourself, there isn't much benefit in BA doing so. So just book the Novotel in the airport, or somewhere on the Skytrain. The guideline is £200 per room per night.
2) Presumably yes, unless the damage was caused by forces external to BA's control (e.g. another aircraft pranging it). See the main EC261 thread in the Dashboard.
3) Nope
4) Which is why it's always good to research before calling, yes that would have been possible but the preference is for BA metal. There is usually good advice to be had in this forum, or use ExpertFlyer or similar tools.
It's interesting that instead of keeping 05R on the original REP-SIN flight (which I assume was the Jetstar flight getting in around 18:00 if a connecting flight on BA) and then connecting them to BA 16 (couple of WTP seats remaining), QF (economy busy, WTP empty) or SQ (23:45 or 01:10 - both good Y availability) it's cheaper for BA to lose the Jetstar REP-SIN money (I assume) rebook onto a PG REP-BKK flight, accommodate and feed the person (upto £200 for hotel only, easily reached if they stay at the Novotel Swampy), book them onto tomorrows BA 10 (which is busy-ish - but admittedly transferring them to another BA flight is negligable cost) AND pay them EU 261 (assuming BA liable). All that will cost BA well over £1,000.

Amazed they havn't got a negotiated deal with SQ/QF (especially) - sure can't cost BA more than £300 + tax on a one way Y sector?! And would keep the client happy as they get home earlier / within 90 minutes of original time.

OR - am I massively simplifying things here? Or is BA wary of letting it's passengers discover SQ/QF cabins