FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The South Korea COVID-19 thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:19 pm
mikesaidyes

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
My two cents. As a single adult, my life has not changed here. Office workers all out and about, going to lunch, working, drinking at night. Many of them are not allowing meetings/outside visitors to be cautious. Some do temp checks before you can get in a building/the office itself. Of course, everyone I know with kids/older family - they're staying in. Schools delayed until March 9 out of an abundance of caution.

Seoul itself still only has 30 people. It is not "bad" here yet IMO. These huge numbers are shooting up because the cult members knew they were sick and went around Daegu just doing whatever they pleased in the name of "prophesizing their cult." They're really intense and just ridiculous. On the other hand, you can think of this as "it's not really spreading around regular people" because most people don't come in contact with these cult people. But since everything happened in Daegu, that's where it's concentrated.

Masks are impossible to come by - online, stores, anywhere. Personally, I don't wear one because I think they're just for show and manners. Proven to have no real effect on preventing the spread of Coronavirus.

I have trips to Osaka in March and the US in April. I'm keeping them. Only if it suddenly gets "WAY WORSE DOOM AND GLOOM" and they waive my refund penalties OR America imposes a travel ban, then I won't go.

Personally, I don't feel in danger of catching Coronavirus. I also refuse to buy into the panic and hysteria and social media news and videos and all of it. There's literally nothing I can do except wash my hands, cover when I cough, and use sanitizer. Most people don't actually do that - they just wear a mask and think it's enough. I see them in the bathrooms still not washing hands, spitting on the ground, etc.