FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus + NH
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:42 am
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’m not concerned yet about our 2-week family trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, and Beijing, but I want to be prepared to change or cancel if the time comes. My tickets are a little complicated.

NH awards in J for 4 pax. On AC metal with one flight on CA. USA-YYZ-HND; KIX-PEK; PEK-YYZ-USA.

If AC and/or CA are still cancelling flights or the US continues to quarantine folks who’ve been in China, then we will have to change our plans.

If we were to go only to Japan, would NH be flexible about finding/opening flights for us on their own metal? I’m seeing some UA we could take by changing prematurely now. But no returns.

One of our tix used points that were expiring. As long as I don’t change anything, the ticket is fine. If I voluntarily change, I imagine they’d expire. But what if the flights themselves get canceled? Just trying to figure out how I should strategize for optimum solution. And if I’ll need more NH points, I’ll need to transfer those sooner rather than later due to transfer lag.